EU action against terrorism
The European Union and counter-terrorism - EU fight against terrorism
No albums or photos uploaded yet.
- EU set to brand Lebanon's Hezbollah as 'terrorists' — 21 May 2013, 17:13 CET
Ending months of hesitation, the European Union opened the door Tuesday to adding the military wing of Lebanon's Hezbollah to its list of international terrorist groups, EU diplomats told AFP.
- EU anti-terror chief warns of continued threat — 11 March 2013, 18:06 CET
The EU's anti-terror chief warned Europe on Monday to remain on its guard, especially against the threat of European jihadists who are finding new safe havens from Syria to Mali.
- Peres urges EU to brand Hezbollah terror group — 07 March 2013, 13:41 CET
Israeli President Shimon Peres on Thursday urged the EU to brand Hezbollah a terrorist group, as failing to do so would only encourage it to expand its operations.
- Europe set to resist US pressure to brand Hezbollah 'terrorists' — 06 February 2013, 18:29 CET
The European Union is unlikely to bow to US pressure to brand Hezbollah a terrorist organisation in the wake of Bulgaria blaming the militia group for an attack that killed five Israeli tourists.
- Abu Hamza: Hook-handed radical preacher faces US extradition — 05 October 2012, 17:32 CET
With his hooked hand and distinctive appearance, radical preacher Abu
Hamza has the highest profile of the five men set to be extradited to
the United States to face terror charges.
- British judge freezes Abu Hamza extradition — 26 September 2012, 22:11 CET
A British judge on Wednesday halted the extradition of Abu Hamza to the United States on terror charges after the radical Islamist preacher lodged a last-ditch legal appeal.
- Radical cleric Abu Hamza in new British extradition appeal — 26 September 2012, 15:40 CET
Radical Islamist Abu Hamza launched a last-minute legal appeal Wednesday in a British court against extradition to the US, after a European court ruled he could be handed over, an official said.
- Euro-MPs press East European countries over secret CIA prisons — 11 September 2012, 21:48 CET
European Union Member States accused of having hosted secret CIA jails in the wake of the 9/11 attacks should come clean on the issue, said a resolution approved Tuesday by the European Parliament.
- Israel to urge EU to blacklist Hezbollah after Burgas blast — 22 July 2012, 21:52 CET
Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman is to head to Brussels on
Monday to press his European Union counterparts to blacklist Hezbollah
as a terror group after a deadly bombing in Bulgaria.