Enterprise Law SummariesUp one level
Summaries of EU Legislation on Enterprise.
- Seventh Directive: consolidated accounts of companies with limited liability by Ina Dimireva — last modified 25 December 2009, 23:44 CET
- This Seventh Company Law Directive coordinates national laws on consolidated (i.e. group) accounts. Together with the Fourth Directive on the annual accounts of public limited liability companies, it belongs to the family of "accounting directives" that form the arsenal of Community legal acts governing company accounts.
- Statute for a European Company by Ina Dimireva — last modified 25 December 2009, 23:45 CET
- The aim of these documents is to create a "European company" with its own legislative framework. This will allow companies incorporated in different Member States to merge or form a holding company or joint subsidiary, while avoiding the legal and practical constraints arising from the existence of 27 different legal systems. This legislative framework also provides for the involvement of employees in European companies, giving due recognition to their place and role in the business.
- Common system of VAT (the 'VAT Directive') by Ina Dimireva — last modified 25 December 2009, 23:45 CET
- This Directive codifies the provisions implementing the common system of VAT, which applies to the production and distribution of goods and services bought and sold for consumption within the European Community.
- EU VAT anti-fraud strategy by Ina Dimireva — last modified 16 December 2009, 18:14 CET
- In order to improve the VAT management system and to protect EU Member States against VAT fraud, the European Commission proposes a review, with particular regard to methods of control, registration, information and collection of revenue in the context of an increase in cross-border transactions.