Latest news about European Union politics.
- China's Ai Weiwei shuts show to protest Danish migrant law — 27 January 2016, 14:06 CET
Chinese dissident artist Ai Weiwei on Wednesday closed down his
exhibition in the Danish capital after lawmakers passed a controversial
bill allowing authorities to seize valuables from asylum seekers.
- EU considers sanctions for Libya peace 'spoilers': sources — 26 January 2016, 17:42 CET
The EU is considering sanctions against several Libyan figures for
undermining efforts to form a national unity government, a key first
step towards bringing peace to the war-torn country, European sources
- Bosnia to apply to join EU next month — 26 January 2016, 20:23 CET
Bosnia next month will officially apply to join the European Union in the hope of winning candidate status in 2017, the country's
presidency said on Tuesday.
- Irish premier hopes for UK EU deal next month — 25 January 2016, 20:42 CET
Irish premier Enda Kenny said Monday he was hopeful that a deal to keep
Britain in the EU could be sealed next month after talks with Prime
Minister David Cameron on Monday.
- Main points of the EU's Lisbon Treaty — 01 December 2009, 19:40 CET
The European Union's wide-ranging Lisbon Treaty, which entered into
force Tuesday, is aimed at updating and revitalising the bloc's
institutions and replacing its failed constitution.
- Main points of the EU's Lisbon Treaty — 03 November 2009, 19:24 CET
The European Union's wide-ranging Lisbon Treaty, now ratified by all 27 EU member states after eurosceptic Czech President Vaclav Klaus put pen to paper Tuesday, is aimed at updating and revitalising the bloc's institutions and replacing its failed constitution.