China and the EU
Latest news about China and the European UnionChina and the EU
The EU’s China Policy is to broaden and deepen political dialogue with China, both bilaterally and on the world stage; to support China's transition to an open society based upon the rule of law and respect for human rights; to encourage the ongoing integration of China in the world economy through bringing it fully into the world trading system, and supporting the process of economic and social reforms; and to raise the EU's profile in China.
- — 02 December 2013, 11:55 CET
EC documents on the EU’s anti-dumping investigation on imports of solar panels from China - EU market access investigations
- EU imposes anti-dumping measures on some Chinese solar panels — 02 December 2013, 11:56 CET
The European Union will on Friday begin imposing anti-dumping measures on some Chinese solar panels whose manufacturers rejected an amicable settlement.
- China, East Europe pledge to boost ties, heed EU rules — 26 November 2013, 14:52 CET
China and 16 Central and Eastern European countries pledged Tuesday to boost two-way investment and trade, insisting that EU regulations will be met.
- Romania, China ink nuclear cooperation agreements — 25 November 2013, 18:09 CET
Romania and China on Monday signed two nuclear cooperation agreements
expected to give China General Nuclear Power Group (CGN) a role in
Romania's sole Cernavoda plant as it builds extra reactors.
- Climate: Gloves off between EU, developing countries — 22 November 2013, 22:48 CET
Europe and a group of developing economies traded barbs at the UN climate talks in Warsaw on Friday as frustration grew over slow progress towards a pact to tame global warming.
- Trade Commissioner urges tougher line with China — 22 November 2013, 16:06 CET
The European Union's trade chief called Friday for the bloc to defend itself more aggressively against Beijing, saying it would not "get anything from the Chinese by being polite".
- China, EU begin negotiations on investment pact — 21 November 2013, 22:07 CET
China and the European Union began talks on a landmark investment agreement Thursday, a positive move amid lingering trade tensions between the two sides.
- China revives WTO nuts and bolts dispute with EU — 30 October 2013, 18:07 CET
China on Wednesday revived a WTO dispute with the EU over import duties on nuts and bolts, claiming Brussels failed to respect a 2011 ruling, the global body said.
- EU to examine gov't aid for UK nuclear deal — 22 October 2013, 18:05 CET
The European Commission said Tuesday it would examine British government support for a massive 19-billion-euro nuclear plant to be built by French and Chinese firms.
- EU agrees mandate for China investment accord talks — 19 October 2013, 21:26 CET
European Union countries have agreed a negotiating mandate for talks on an investment protection accord with China, aiming to boost access for EU firms to the world's second largest economy.
- Chinese, European central banks strike currency swap deal — 10 October 2013, 12:45 CET
The Chinese and European central banks said Thursday they reached agreement to set up a "currency swap" mechanism for the purchase and repurchase of their respective currencies, the yuan and euro.
- MEPs urge tough conditions on China investment accord talks — 09 October 2013, 19:36 CET
European MPs insisted Wednesday they should have oversight of talks on an EU-China investment protection agreement and set conditions which could prove unwelcome in Beijing.
- EU seeks China investment boost — 08 October 2013, 22:19 CET
Investment flows between the EU and China, major trade partners, are far below what they should be and must be improved, EU Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht said on Tuesday.
- European firms urge China to give market a bigger role — 05 September 2013, 15:23 CET
European firms in China called on the government Thursday to let the market play a bigger role as it carries out reforms aimed at ensuring long-term growth.
- EU finalises China solar panel subsidy probe — 29 August 2013, 13:49 CET
The European Commission concluded Wednesday an anti-subsidy probe into imports of Chinese solar panels which a top EU energy group said showed Beijing made "massive illegal" payments to its companies.
- EU calls on China to release rights activists — 28 August 2013, 17:31 CET
The European Union urged China on Wednesday to release prominent
activist Xu Zhiyong and others who it said were being held "for
peacefully expressing their views."
- EU-China solar deal triggers court threat — 02 August 2013, 19:46 CET
The EU voted Friday to implement a much-lauded deal to avoid a trade war over cheap imports of Chinese solar panels, but a European industry group threatened a legal challenge.
- EU-China solar deal effective August 6 — 02 August 2013, 19:40 CET
The European Commission said on Friday that a much-lauded "amicable solution" over imports of Chinese solar panels, a key step in easing fears of a trade war, will enter legal force on Tuesday, August 6.
- Solar panel deal can help settle other China disputes: EU — 29 July 2013, 17:30 CET
China and the EU can now look at other trade disputes after reaching an "amicable solution" over imports of Chinese solar panels, a key step in easing fears of a trade war, says EU Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht.
- EU, China settle solar panel dispute — 28 July 2013, 00:54 CET
The European Commission has reached an "amicable solution" with Beijing over imports of Chinese solar panels, a dispute that had threatened a full-blown trade war between two of the world's largest trading powers.
- EU, China near deal on solar panel dispute: report — 25 July 2013, 17:33 CET
The European Union and China are near a settlement in their dispute over solar panel imports, say press reports, but Europeans manufacturers challenged the figures involved as still harmful to their business.
- EU hails China's commitment to climate change — 17 July 2013, 22:22 CET
The European Union said Wednesday that China, the world's largest carbon
emitter, was willing to cooperate more closely to address climate change
worldwide ahead of a key global pact due in 2015.
- China, Switzerland sign free trade agreement — 06 July 2013, 16:45 CET
China and Switzerland on Saturday signed a free trade agreement (FTA) -- Beijing's first in continental Europe -- in a deal that comes against a backdrop of trade tensions between the Asian giant and the European Union .
- China offers EU solar cell export quota: report — 05 July 2013, 12:31 CET
China has offered a quota for its solar panel exports to the European Union, state media reported Friday with the two sides embroiled in a series of trade disputes.
- China officially opens EU wine investigations — 01 July 2013, 23:49 CET
China officially launched anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigations on Monday into wines imported from the European Union, the Ministry of Commerce said, the latest move in a series of trade disputes.