Business news and information from the European Union
- MEPs to vote on a proposal on transport of dangerous goods — 08 April 2010, 00:11 CET
MEPs are set to vote on 19 April on a draft report amending the Directive on the transportation of dangerous goods, or transportable pressure equipment.
- MEPs suggest amendments to the Directive on falsified medicines — 07 April 2010, 09:58 CET
The European Parliament's Internal Market Committee published yesterday an Opinion suggesting improvements to the Directive on medicinal products, as regards the supply chain of falsified medicinal products.
- ACP-EU Assembly calls for support to banana producers — 06 April 2010, 23:56 CET
The ACP-EU Assembly asked the European Commission to increase aid to ACP and EU banana producers to help them adapt to the new tariff rules of the EU-Latin America trade agreement.
- New EU visa code from 5 April — 31 March 2010, 12:44 CET
A new visa code will become applicable in the European Union from 5 April. The EU Visa Code gathers into a single document all legal provisions governing decisions on visas.
- EC greenlights aid for UK farmers — 30 March 2010, 23:41 CET
The European Commission has authorised a temporary scheme granting aid of up to EUR 15,000 to British farmers.
- Main points of the EU's Lisbon Treaty — 01 December 2009, 19:40 CET
The European Union's wide-ranging Lisbon Treaty, which entered into
force Tuesday, is aimed at updating and revitalising the bloc's
institutions and replacing its failed constitution.
- Main points of the EU's Lisbon Treaty — 03 November 2009, 19:24 CET
The European Union's wide-ranging Lisbon Treaty, now ratified by all 27 EU member states after eurosceptic Czech President Vaclav Klaus put pen to paper Tuesday, is aimed at updating and revitalising the bloc's institutions and replacing its failed constitution.