Ukraine and the EU
Latest business news about Ukraine and the European Union.
- Gas transit to EU 'not endangered' in Ukraine-Russia row — 02 July 2015, 22:36 CET
Gas supplies to Ukraine and the EU will not be endangered despite an
announcement by Russia that it will cut the flow to Ukraine, a senior
European official said Wednesday.
- EU, Russia and Ukraine aim for gas deal on Tuesday — 29 June 2015, 22:01 CET
Russia, Ukraine and the European Union will try to reach a deal in
Vienna on Tuesday to ensure Russian gas supplies next winter, a European source said Monday.
- 'Difficult' for Europe to win back market share in Russia: Putin's advisor — 26 June 2015, 12:42 CET
European companies may find it difficult to win back the market share
they have lost to Asian rivals in Russia as a result of economic
sanctions, an economic advisor to Russian President Vladimir Putin said
in a German newspaper interview on Friday.
- Putin extends Western food ban for one year — 25 June 2015, 18:47 CET
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday extended a ban against
most Western food imports for a year, saying the longer-than-expected measure would ensure the country's security.
- Russia to prolong Western food embargo: government — 22 June 2015, 16:37 CET
Moscow prepared Monday to prolong its embargo on Western food imports,
expressing disappointment at the extension by the EU of sanctions which
it blamed on a "Russophobic lobby."
- Russia 'disappointed' in EU sanctions extension — 22 June 2015, 13:27 CET
Russia's foreign ministry on Monday expressed disappointment at the
extension by the European Union of biting sanctions, blaming the move on
an anti-Russian "lobby".
- Moscow powerless to stop Russians from fighting in Ukraine: security chief — 22 June 2015, 11:12 CET
The secretary of Russia's security council said Monday it is impossible
to stop Russians from going to fight in Ukraine because they are guided
- EU prolongs Russian economic sanctions for six months — 23 June 2015, 23:37 CET
EU foreign ministers formally agreed Monday to prolong to January 2016
damaging economic sanctions against Russia to ensure it fully implements Ukraine peace accords, officials said.
- Russia slams EU sanctions renewal as pointless 'blackmail' — 20 June 2015, 22:22 CET
Russia on Saturday slammed the EU's extension of sanctions over its
annexation of Crimea as "blackmail" and vowed it would not be pressured into returning the peninsula to Ukraine.
- EU prolongs Crimea sanctions — 19 June 2015, 14:22 CET
The EU on Friday prolonged until 2016 a sanctions package over Russia's illegal annexation of Crimea, days after rolling over a series of damaging punitive measures against Moscow for its role in the Ukraine crisis.
- Russia to prolong embargo if EU extends sanctions — 18 June 2015, 10:56 CET
Moscow will extend its embargo on European Union agricultural products but is unlikely to go further if the EU extends sanctions as expected, economy minister Alexei Ulyukayev said Thursday.
- EU to extend Russia sanctions to January 2016 — 18 June 2015, 22:39 CET
EU member states agreed Wednesday to extend damaging economic sanctions against Russia over the Ukraine crisis by another six months to the end of January 2016, officials said.
- EU set to extend Russia sanctions until end-2015: diplomats — 05 June 2015, 18:36 CET
EU leaders meeting in Brussels this month are set to extend sanctions on Russia over its involvement in the fighting in Ukraine until the end of
2015, diplomats said on Friday.
- EU says Ukraine fighting 'most serious violation' of February truce — 04 June 2015, 13:43 CET
The EU said Thursday that major new clashes in Ukraine were the "most
serious" breach of a February truce and could lead to a new spiral of
violence between government forces and pro-Russian rebels.
- Russia slams EU 'witch hunt' against its diplomats — 03 June 2015, 18:07 CET
Moscow on Wednesday slammed Brussels' decision to limit access to the European Parliament to just two Russian envoys as a "witch hunt", with officials urging retaliatory steps.
- European Parliament hits back at Russia blacklist — 03 June 2015, 11:36 CET
European parliament head Martin Schulz on Tuesday said he was limiting
access to the institution to the Russian ambassador to the EU and one
other diplomat in retaliation for a travel ban imposed by Moscow on 89
European citizens -- many of them Kremlin critics.
- Russian FM dimisses 'absurdity' of EU anger over entry bans — 01 June 2015, 20:37 CET
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Monday dismissed the "absurdity" of EU complaints over a travel ban imposed by Moscow on 89 Europeans over the Ukraine crisis.
- European Greens call for debate on Russia travel blacklist — 31 May 2015, 16:33 CET
The Greens group in the European Parliament on Sunday called for a
debate on a travel ban imposed by Russia on 89 European citizens -- many of them outspoken Kremlin critics.
- EU hits out at 'arbitrary and unjustified' Russia travel blacklist — 30 May 2015, 22:43 CET
The European Union hit out Saturday at a travel ban imposed by Russia on 89 European citizens -- many of whom are outspoken Kremlin critics -- calling it "totally arbitrary and unjustified".
- EU politicians 'proud' to be on Russian blacklist — 30 May 2015, 22:40 CET
European politicians who discovered they were on a previously
confidential Russian travel blacklist said Saturday they were proud of
being included, as EU governments led by Germany criticised the entry
- Russia releases 89-name EU travel blacklist — 30 May 2015, 10:46 CET
Moscow has released a blacklist of European Union politicians barred
from Russia in response to EU sanctions over Crimea and Ukraine, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said on Friday.
- Armenia, Belarus baulk at Riga summit declaration: sources — 21 May 2015, 10:02 CET
Armenia and Belarus are holding up agreement on a joint declaration at
the EU-Eastern Partnership summit over references to Russia's annexation
of Crimea last year, diplomatic sources said Thursday.
- Ex-Soviet Georgia urges EU progress, despite Russian pressure — 20 May 2015, 04:32 CET
Georgian President Giorgi Margvelashvili has warned European Union
leaders against letting Russian aggression in Ukraine undermine the
bloc's project of building closer links with ex-Soviet nations.
- EU, ex-Soviet states meet in Putin's shadow — 21 May 2015, 12:52 CET
European Union leaders and six ex-Soviet states hold a summit Thursday focussed on the Eastern Partnership project, which was designed to bolster mutual ties but has been undermined by Russia's intervention in Ukraine.
- Russia drops opposition to EU-Ukraine trade deal starting 2016 — 18 May 2015, 20:09 CET
Russia has dropped its demands for a further delay in a landmark
EU-Ukraine trade deal at the heart of the Ukraine crisis and accepts that it will now begin next year, the European Union said Monday.