Sweden and the EU
Latest business news about Sweden and the European Union.
- Sweden slams EU for delay on hormone disrupting chemicals — 26 February 2014, 22:06 CET
Sweden threatened Wednesday to sue the European Commission over a delay in identifying harmful endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) in everyday products.
- Putin 'too busy' to meet family of Holocaust hero Wallenberg — 27 January 2014, 18:30 CET
Russian President Vladimir Putin will be too busy to meet a descendant
of Holocaust hero Raoul Wallenberg who has pleaded for help in
unravelling his mysterious death in Soviet custody, his spokesman said
- Wallenberg family to appeal directly to Putin — 27 January 2014, 11:33 CET
The family of Holocaust hero Raoul Wallenberg hopes to appeal directly
to Russian President Vladimir Putin this week for help in throwing light
on the Swedish diplomat's mysterious fate.
- Ball bearing giant SKF puts aside $455m for fine — 20 December 2013, 20:53 CET
Swedish ball bearing manufacturer SKF, under investigation for alleged
anti-competitive behaviour, said on Friday it would book a $455-million
(330 million euros) provision to cover a potential fine.
- Sweden: country overview — 03 March 2014, 16:45 CET
Sweden joined the EU in 1995, but the public rejected the introduction of the euro in a 2003 referendum. Sweden's long-successful economic formula of a capitalist system intermixed with substantial welfare elements was challenged in the 1990s by high unemployment and in 2000-02 and 2009 by the global economic downturns, but fiscal discipline over the past several years has allowed the country to weather economic vagaries.
- EU approves Swedish scheme supporting newspapers — 20 July 2010, 23:05 CET
The European Commission has concluded that a changed regime to support newspapers in Sweden is now in line under EU state aid rules.
- EU clears Swedish restructuring aid for Carnegie Investment Bank — 12 May 2010, 22:43 CET
The European Commission has granted final clearance under the EU state aid rules to the Swedish aid for the restructuring of Carnegie Investment Bank.
- Sweden told to comply with EU cosmetics rules — 05 May 2010, 22:52 CET
The European Commission has taken further steps against Sweden for infringing EU law on cosmetic products by introducing excessive requirements in the notification of such products.
- Commission increases electricity trading capacity on the Swedish borders — 15 April 2010, 00:18 CET
The European Commission has adopted a decision rendering legally binding commitments offered by Svenska Kraftnät (SvK) that will increase trade in electricity within Sweden and between Sweden and neighbouring countries.
- — 14 November 2009, 23:57 CET
Contacts of the European Commission representation in Sweden.
- Sweden Investment Climate 2009 — 14 November 2009, 23:57 CET
Sweden is generally considered to be an attractive country in which to invest. There are few countries that can match Sweden's potential to benefit from the intensifying, technology-driven global competition. Sweden already hosts one of the most internationally integrated economies in the world.
- Setting up a business in Sweden — 28 July 2012, 12:06 CET
An overview of the process of starting a new business in Sweden.
- Access to finance — 28 July 2012, 12:18 CET
An overview of the sources of funding available to SMEs in Sweden.
- — 29 June 2009, 15:17 CET
Sweden takes over the Presidency of the EU on 1 July. Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt presented on 23 June the work programme for Sweden's six months in the EU driving seat. It is firstly a question of leading the EU through the financial and economic crisis, dealing with unemployment in Europe and continuing the work to tackle climate change.
- Sweden and the euro — 04 February 2008, 01:02 CET
Sweden joined the European Union in 1995 and has not yet adopted the euro, but in accordance with the Treaty it will do so once it meets the necessary conditions.
- Sweden country profile — 05 January 2010, 00:09 CET
Sweden has the largest population of the Nordic countries. The Kingdom of Sweden has been a member of the European Union since 1995.
- — 04 August 2006, 12:16 CET
General information about business and trade in Sweden.
- — 04 August 2006, 12:14 CET
The Invest in Sweden Agency assists and informs foreign investors about business opportunities in Sweden. Companies planning to establish or expand business operations in Sweden can, free of charge, obtain information and assistance from ISA.
- — 06 December 2013, 11:51 CET
The Taxation and Investment Guides are a first stop for investors wishing to gain a working perspective on the operating conditions and investment climate – including the legal, accounting and taxation framework – in the countries covered in the Deloitte International Tax Source. In addition to the Sweden Highlights and Taxation and Investment Guide, above, country links open the door to the Deloitte International Tax Source and a wide range of materials and information on the tax consequences of doing business across borders.
- — 04 August 2006, 12:13 CET
Snapshot of the business environment for the Swedish economy, from the World Bank