Montenegro and the EU
Latest business news about Montenegro and the European Union
- Montenegro delays inauguration of new government — 03 December 2012, 16:17 CET
Montenegro's parliament postponed by 24 hours a vote to approve Prime
Minister-designate Milo Djukanovic's new cabinet at the request of a
fractious opposition, the body's speaker said Monday.
- Centre-left wins Montenegro vote: official results — 16 October 2012, 11:57 CET
The ruling centre-left coalition is poised to stay in power in
Montenegro as official results released Tuesday show it won Sunday's
- Milo Djukanovic an indestructible Balkans politician — 15 October 2012, 11:07 CET
Milo Djukanovic, whose party has won Montenegro's parliamentary
elections on Sunday, according to exit polls, remains an indestructible
political phenomenon in a Balkans country on the road to the European
- Montenegro factfile — 14 October 2012, 13:14 CET
Basic facts about Montenegro which holds parliamentary elections Sunday to choose a government to lead the tiny Balkans nation during European Union entry talks amid an economic crisis.
- Next steps for EU enlargement — 10 October 2012, 17:59 CET
The European Commission has recommended for a fourth time to open accession negotiations with the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. It recommends granting EU candidate status to Albania subject to completion of key reform steps, and proposes negotiating a Stabilisation and Association Agreement (SAA) with Kosovo once it has made progress in fulfilling a number of short term priorities. The Commission also confirmed that Croatia is on track in its membership preparations. In a set of annual reports, the Commission also assesses the progress towards EU accession made elsewhere in the Western Balkans, Turkey, and Iceland over the past year.
- — 18 March 2013, 22:41 CET
The Taxation and Investment Guides are a first stop for investors wishing to gain a working perspective on the operating conditions and investment climate – including the legal, accounting and taxation framework – in the countries covered in the Deloitte International Tax Source. In addition to the Montenegro Highlights and Taxation and Investment Guide, above, country links open the door to the Deloitte International Tax Source and a wide range of materials and information on the tax consequences of doing business across borders.
- Montenegro: country overview — 12 February 2013, 18:14 CET
Montenegro is one of Europe’s newest countries, created in 2006.
- Montenegro hopes EU talks will help tackle crisis — 29 June 2012, 16:52 CET
Montenegro will open EU accession talks that the tiny Balkan country
hopes will help it overcome a serious economic crisis and stamp out
corruption and organised crime.
- EU summit endorses move to open door to Montenegro — 29 June 2012, 15:50 CET
EU leaders have endorsed a move to open the door to membership to Montenegro, launching accession talks but urging the Balkan nation to do more against corruption and organised crime.
- Montenegro hopes EU talks will help tackle crisis — 29 June 2012, 04:52 CET
Montenegro is set to open EU accession talks that the tiny Balkan
country hopes will help it overcome a serious economic crisis and stamp
out corruption and organised crime.
- EU ministers agree launch of Montenegro accession talks — 26 June 2012, 18:51 CET
European Union ministers have agreed to launch accession talks with Montenegro, while warning the Balkan country it will have to step up its fight against corruption and ensure judicial independence.
- Montenegro: Economy Overview — 05 February 2010, 15:45 CET
Montenegro severed its economy from federal control and from Serbia during the MILOSEVIC era and maintained its own central bank, adopted the Deutchmark, then the euro - rather than the Yugoslav dinar - as official currency, collected customs tariffs, and managed its own budget.
- — 05 February 2010, 15:31 CET
This World Bank site provides information about the procedures and costs associated with starting a business in Montenegro.
- EU Project: Development of Rural Business — 05 February 2010, 15:29 CET
The EU assistance programme has assisted SME development mainly through advisory support for enterprise restructuring and privatisation, and for development of business support services.
- EU Delegation to Montenegro — 05 February 2010, 15:13 CET
Contacts of the Delegation of the European Union to Montenegro.
- Montenegro Investment Climate 2009 — 05 February 2010, 14:42 CET
Montenegro is establishing a liberal investment regime. Although the continuing transition has not yet eliminated all structural barriers, the Government recognizes the need to remove impediments, reform the business environment, and open the economy to foreign participation.
- Montenegro country profile — 04 January 2008, 19:48 CET
Montenegro is a potential candidate country for membership of the European Union.