Luxembourg and the EU
Latest business news about Luxembourg and the European Union.
- Luxembourg minister urges EU to go after 'real tax havens' — 15 April 2013, 22:20 CET
Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn called on Monday for the European Union to take on "real tax havens" in the British Channel islands, after his country and Austria were pressured into modifying their policies on banking secrecy.
- Luxembourg eases bank secrecy, to meet EU 2015 rules — 10 April 2013, 17:55 CET
Luxembourg, home to a prized financial centre, changes tack in the face of growing international pressure over tax evasion, agreeing to the automatic exchange of bank account information with its EU partners from 2015.
- Luxembourg tax-data exchange still under 'reflection': minister — 08 April 2013, 20:22 CET
Luxembourg Finance Minister Luc Frieden said Monday that his
government's apparent willingness to ease banking secrecy under pressure
from international rivals was still under "reflection."
- 'Unacceptable' for Austria to hold up EU bank secrecy reforms — 08 April 2013, 18:07 CET
It is unacceptable for Austria to refuse to reform its bank secrecy rules, said the Commission, after Luxembourg signalled it was ready to change in the face of growing uproar over tax evasion.
- Luxembourg ready to revise bank secrecy — 08 April 2013, 12:08 CET
Luxembourg is prepared to lift the lid slightly on its controversial bank secrecy in an effort to help curb tax evasion by foreign depositors, its finance minister told a Sunday newspaper.
- Hands off our finance sector, Luxembourg warns — 27 March 2013, 12:23 CET
Luxembourg railed on Wednesday against what it fears is a new eurozone position that oversized finance sectors must be scaled back in line with national economic output following the Cyprus banking debacle.
- EU takes France, Luxembourg to court over ebook tax rates — 21 February 2013, 20:44 CET
The European Commission said on Thursday it was taking France and Luxembourg to court for illegally reducing the sales tax levied on electronic or e-books.
- Luxembourg: country overview — 12 February 2013, 18:05 CET
Luxembourg's small, stable, high-income economy - benefiting from its proximity to France, Belgium, and Germany - has historically featured solid growth, low inflation, and low unemployment.
- Doing business in Luxembourg: Sustainability — 01 May 2012, 23:00 CET
Even though legislation in Luxembourg does not oblige businesses to adopt sustainability practices, the government gives advice on how improving companies' corporate social responsibility can be beneficial for them.
- Doing business in Luxembourg: Environmental rules — 29 April 2012, 17:39 CET
Legislation in Luxembourg obliges businesses to comply with environmental rules in order to reduce their negative impact on the environment.
- Italy's Tremonti to meet eurozone's Juncker Wednesday — 02 August 2011, 20:24 CET
Italian finance minister Giulio Tremonti will hold talks on Wednesday in
Luxembourg with eurozone chief Jean-Claude Juncker, as pressure
intensified on Rome on government bond markets.
- Representation of the European Commission in Luxembourg — 28 October 2009, 00:58 CET
Contacts of the European Commission representatino in Luxembourg.
- Luxembourg Investment Climate 2009 — 28 October 2009, 00:56 CET
The Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg offers a very favorable and welcoming attitude toward Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
- Access to finance — 02 July 2012, 21:33 CET
Information about the sources of finance available to SMEs in Luxembourg.
- Setting up a business in Luxembourg — 02 July 2012, 21:20 CET
An overview of the process of starting a new business in Luxembourg and useful information on the documents required.
- Commission refers Luxembourg to European Court of Justice - briefing — 25 June 2009, 16:11 CET
The European Commission has decided to refer Luxembourg to the European Court of Justice over its incorrect application of certain provisions of the Savings Tax Directive as regards interest payments made to beneficial owners who benefit from so-called "non-domiciled resident" status in their country of residence.
- Luxembourg and the euro — 04 February 2008, 00:09 CET
Luxembourg is a founding member of the European Union and was one of the first-wave EU countries to adopt the euro on 1 January 1999.
- Luxembourg country profile — 02 July 2012, 21:37 CET
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a small country surrounded by Belgium, France and Germany. Luxembourg is one of the founding countries of the European Community, now the EU.
- — 07 August 2006, 17:35 CET
ALFI - Association Luxembourgeoise des Fonds d'Investissement - the official trade association of the world's 4th largest investment fund industry, strives to protect the interests of its members and to promote Luxembourg as a major financial centre. Its mission statement is: To lead industry efforts to make Luxembourg the most attractive international center for investment funds.
- — 04 August 2006, 17:25 CET
An English-speaking forum for contact and communication among decision-makers, opinion formers and participants in the local and international business communities of Luxembourg.
- — 18 March 2013, 11:24 CET
The Taxation and Investment Guides are a first stop for investors wishing to gain a working perspective on the operating conditions and investment climate – including the legal, accounting and taxation framework – in the countries covered in the Deloitte International Tax Source. In addition to the Luxembourg Highlights and Taxation and Investment Guide, above, country links open the door to the Deloitte International Tax Source and a wide range of materials and information on the tax consequences of doing business across borders.