Czech Republic and the EU
Latest business news about Czech Republic and the European Union.
- Warsaw, Prague want common gas market in Central Europe — 13 May 2013, 19:35 CET
The prime ministers of Poland and the Czech Republic on Monday called
for a common gas market in Central Europe that would span from the
Baltic sea to the Adriatic.
- Austerity-driven Prague to focus on growth — 24 April 2013, 21:12 CET
Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas said Wednesday his centre-right government would be steering away from austerity to focus on economic growth.
- New Czech president hoists European flag for first time — 03 April 2013, 23:14 CET
The European Union flag flew over the Czech president's seat for the first time in history on Wednesday, a pronounced shift to a more EU-friendly administration under leftist President Milos Zeman.
- Vaclav Havel Prize for human rights unveiled in Prague — 26 March 2013, 02:03 CET
The international Vaclav Havel Prize for human rights, honouring the
late Velvet Revolution hero who steered his country peacefully to
independence from Soviet rule, was unveiled Monday in Prague.
- Czech Republic set to veto 2014-2020 EU budget: PM — 07 February 2013, 15:56 CET
The Czech Republic is ready to veto the EU's 2014-20 budget proposal, Prime Minister Petr Necas was quoted as saying by Czech media Thursday as he arrived for a tense Brussels summit.
- Turkey blasts 'unforgivable' delays in EU accession talks — 05 February 2013, 11:17 CET
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday slammed the
European Union for "unforgivable" delays lasting over half a century in
Turkey's path to possible EU membership.
- Battle of beer brands: Czechs mull appeal on EU 'Bud' ruling — 23 January 2013, 13:05 CET
Czech state-owned brewer Budejovicky Budvar says it might appeal against a European court ruling giving global giant Anheuser-Busch (AB) the right to use the "Bud" trademark across the European Union.
- Czech president slams eurozone rescue fund — 07 December 2012, 13:50 CET
Eurosceptic Czech President Vaclav Klaus Friday said he would not sign
up to the new eurozone debt rescue fund, the European Stability
Mechanism, though his resistance cannot sink it.
- Czech teens, Europe's heaviest underage drinkers — 11 July 2012, 11:12 CET
Shaken awake by police on a park bench, a 12-year-old boy from Prague was so drunk he could neither walk nor talk -- grim evidence of an unparalleled alcohol scourge affecting underage Czechs.
- Czech Republic: country overview — 12 February 2013, 17:12 CET
The Czech Republic is a stable and prosperous market economy, which harmonized its laws and regulations with those of the EU prior to its EU accession in 2004.
- Doing business in the Czech Republic: Environmental rules — 07 April 2012, 02:28 CET
Environment law for business in the Czech Republic is enshrined in approximately twenty acts and related provisions.
- Doing business in the Czech Republic: Staff welfare — 05 April 2012, 22:44 CET
This guide outlines the social rules and employment legislation in the Czech Republic.
- Doing business in the Czech Republic: Sustainability — 07 April 2012, 02:28 CET
Legal requirements in the Czech Republic urge companies to be socially and environmentally responsible.
- Commission approves acquisition of NWR Energy by Dalkia Česká republika — 17 May 2010, 23:51 CET
The European Commission has cleared under the EU Merger Regulation the acquisition of NWR Energy by Dalkia Česká republika, two Czech companies active in the energy sector.
- European Commission Representation in the Czech Republic — 13 October 2009, 16:35 CET
Contacts of the European Commission Representation in the Czech Republic.
- Access to Finance — 30 May 2012, 17:39 CET
Aside from structural funds of the European Union, companies and other entities can use subsidy programmes co-financed from the resources of the Czech state budget. These are for instance programmes for support of research and development.
- Czech Republic Investment Climate 2009 — 13 October 2009, 16:35 CET
The small, open, export-driven Czech economy grew by over six per cent annually from 2005-2007 and the strong growth continued throughout the first three quarters of 2008. Despite the global financial crisis, the conservative Czech financial system has remained relatively healthy. The rate of Czech economic growth, however, began to fall in the fourth quarter of 2008, mainly due to a significant drop in demand for Czech exports in Western Europe. This trend is expected to continue, with many analysts predicting Czech economic growth to completely stagnate in 2009. Both unemployment and inflation are relatively low at 6% and 3.6% respectively.
- Czech Republic: Economy Overview — 09 May 2012, 12:10 CET
The Czech Republic is one of the most stable and prosperous of the post-Communist states of Central and Eastern Europe. Maintaining an open investment climate has been a key element of the Czech Republic's transition from a communist, centrally planned economy to a functioning market economy.
- Starting a business in the Czech Republic — 30 May 2012, 17:21 CET
Entrepreneurship in the Czech Republic is covered by a number of legal regulations. There are several forms of companies, while the most frequent form is a limited liability company, followed by a joint stock company and, finally, a public company.
- — 08 January 2009, 15:51 CET
The Czech Republic's Prime Minister Topolanek has presented the priorities and the work program of his country's Presidency of the European Union. The key priorities are the three 'E's: Economy, Energy and Europe in the world. The motto is a 'Europe without barriers'.
- — 02 December 2008, 00:41 CET
Website of the Czech Presidency of the European Union, which begins on 1st January 2009.
- The Czech Republic and the euro — 03 February 2008, 22:59 CET
The Czech Republic joined the European Union in 2004 and is currently preparing to adopt the euro.
- Czech Republic country profile — 30 May 2012, 21:29 CET
The Czech Republic became an independent state in January 1993 after Czechoslovakia split into its two constituent parts. The country became a member state of the European Union on 1 May 2004.
- — 05 August 2006, 15:06 CET
The goal of the Czech Business Weekly is to be a timely and trustworthy source of information about the Czech business market.
- — 05 August 2006, 15:06 CET
The official site for business professionals searching for information, assistance, or contacts on business activities in the Czech Republic.