Head of Talent Acquisition, European Patent Office, EPODeadline for application: 22 January 2017
The European Patent Office has a vacancy for a Head of Talent Acquisition.Location: Munich, Germany
As the patent office for Europe, the European Patent Office supports innovation, competitiveness and economic growth across Europe through a commitment to high-quality and efficient services delivered under the European Patent Convention. With expert staff, motivated to set worldwide standards, the EPO plays a leading role in developing an effective global patent system. All its relationships – within the Office and with partners around the world – prosper through efficiency, trust and transparency. Its processes empower people to use their knowledge and skills to the full.
Part of Principal Directorate Human Resources, Directorate 4.3.1 (renamed HR Customer Interface and Talent Management as from 1 January 2017) is responsible for all talent-related activities, from talent acquisition and development to talent management.
Within Directorate 4.3.1, the Department Talent Acquisition, is composed of around 20 staff based in Munich and The Hague, seven of whom are recruiters. It is responsible inter alia for developing the EPO's talent acquisition strategy to proactively ensure a diverse workforce and to attract and select the best talents in Europe. A large portion of the department's activities relate to the recruitment of around 200 multilingual engineers and scientists a year from the European Patent Organisation's 38 member states to become European patent examiners.
- Proposing and driving the talent acquisition strategy and policies
- Leading, managing and co-ordinating the cross-site talent acquisition team
- Developing an EPO recruitment plan with business and HR leaders (involving around 400-450 internal and external recruitments a year)
- Implementing proactive sourcing strategies for different profiles
- Managing various subcontractors (headhunters, psychometric testing companies, etc.)
- Establishing, monitoring and reporting on KPIs for talent acquisition activities to create a dashboard for the talent acquisition process./li>
Web address for further details
by EPO -- last modified 05 January 2017